In 1887, an engineer named John J. Osborn left his job as Superintendent at the National Carbon Company, and purchased equipment and brush designs from Mr. L. C. Abraham of Cleveland, Ohio. Initially, his principal products ranged from horse and butcher block brushes to street cleaning brooms. Thus was born Osborn Manufacturing Company. Just three years later, F. Wayland Brown took over the business. In 1892, Brown was considering selling the company when he discovered his friend Franklin G. Smith was interested in buying it. Upon completing a deal, Wayland and his brother Milton owned 50% of the Osborn Manufacturing Company. Franklin Smith owned 48% - which he bought with $2,100 borrowed from his uncle Henry Sherwin, founder of Sherwin-Williams Company. Henry and a secretary in the office owned the remaining 2%.
WebSite : http://www.osborn.com